When does hiring a California estate planning attorney make sense?
Here are a few reasons:
- Real Property – You own real property in California or more than one state;
- Blended Family – You are in a second marriage with children of other relationships;
- Retirement Accounts – You have substantial assets in 401(k)s or IRAs;
- Taxes – You have a taxable estate;
- Minor Children – You have minor children and want to provide for distributions to them at intervals or for specific purposes;
- Special Needs – You have a beneficiary who is disabled or your children have drug or alcohol problems and need a trust that will take that into consideration;
- Giving – You want to benefit a charity;
- Business Owner – You own a business and want to provide for someone to take over the business after your death; and
- Attorney Relationship – You want to have someone you can call when you have questions or want to make changes in your documents
Coastal Pacific Law attorneys are experienced in estate planning, and can help with your trust administration, probate administration, wills and trusts. To schedule a complimentary consultation, call (619)786-6563, or fill out a Contact Request Form.
This blog does not provide legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney directly.
Photo by JJ Ying